Tuesday 12 January 2016

Photography Lesson with Adhadi Mohd



So, I had a photography class. For those who are wondering, yes, I love photography and I'm intending to turn it into professional hobby. Maybe not around this time. It will take a whole ton of time to create a diamond out of a hill of dirt.

Last weekend, I went to Melaka for a quick gate-away. Two days and a night at Agrofarmstay @ Skill-Tech, Durian Tunggal. It was mainly because of this amazing class by Adhadi Mohd. A photography coach, whose been in the industry for almost ten years.

Three things that he emphasized during the entire lesson, were ISO, Aperture and Shuttle Speed. Let's just put them this way to control a photo's brightness:

ISO - Increasing this will cause your photo to be brighter, but with extra noise.

Aperture - Brighter aperture will require you to lower down this.

Shuttle Speed - The higher it got, the brighter a photo could be.

Great coach, amazing guy. My friends and I had a wonderful a-day session with him to polish our skills. I know most of you are not a fan of photography, and some of you don't even know the basic things about it. Well, I'm not going to waste my time on things people are unsure of. Instead, I'm going to share some of the stuff he said in class that really caught my attention. I believe it would help those who love taking selfie so much.

(1) "Photography is a medium for communication. Good messages can be channeled easily through good photos."

(2) "Focus on one story in one single photograph."

(3) "Brand or type of camera never matter in photography. Utilize what you have and improve from that."

(4) "Blogging is all about content, photographs are secondary."

(5) "Always on the move, keep looking for better background."

(6) "Give instruction to your model as if you are a puppeteer. Use your hands instead of words. It will ease your job abundantly."

(7) "Every photograph taken is based on lines. In your eye, there is a fine in between your pupil, iris and sclera. If the line was blurry, would it still look like an eye?"

(8) "Every photographers should be able to capture particular expression, or the connection between two subjects. That's why wedding photographers are damn expensive."

I guess that's enough for today. Find out more about him on his website, adhadi.com. I just got this new CD and will spend some quality time learning about lighting and shadow. It's going to be awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment