Friday 24 July 2015

Upcoming Street Race @ KL City

 

I have never attended any racing or sports event before this. Concert and gig, those are even worse. I love all of these stuff, it just that, none of them ever took place in Johor Bahru. Ever since I moved to KL, things have definitely changed and I finally get the chance to see all of those.

The next event that I'm attending, Grand Prix Street Race, in the middle of KL City. If watching a private gig is kind of amazing, this is even better.

My only experience watching this F1 race was only on live telecast, or the tie when they showed it in the news for like three four minutes. Pretty sad, isn't it? But not this, kiddo! Cuz' you know why? I freaking got a VIP pass to watch this damn race. Tears, man.

From 7th till 9th August, mark you Google Calendar, because KL City will be trembled with the presence of racers from all over the globe. Including world-known racers like Craig Lowndes, Scott McLaughlin, Chaz Mostert, Will Davison and Todd Kelly.

KL City Grand Prix. A three day festival of super sports cars racing, on a 3.2 km circuit designed around the main streets around KLCC area, to be held between 7th to 9th August 2015. The event is organized by GT Global Race (M) Sdn Bhd, in collaboration with Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL).

The Organizers have also entered into an agreement with Sepang International Circuit (SIC) to manage race operations for all the race to be held in the circuit over the three days of the KL City Grand Prix.

This is insanely hype. I just can't wait to be there. Try imagine this, me hanging around in the VIP area, watching the race while having all sort of fine desserts. On top of that, I will be given the top priority to meet those freaking racers. Isn't life just amazing?

For those still have no idea on what kind of activities or events they will have in these three days, check this out program schedule.


You know what's more hyping about this race? There is a concert on the final day of it. I am so there, dude. Take note on this, though, only those with the grand stand's tickets will be invited for this concert. In another word, purchasing that RM350 ticket totally worth a lot.

Just before the Eid festival, me and fellow bloggers attended an outdoor interview with this amazing racer, Alex Yoong. Charming guy indeed. Totally appreciate him for spending his time to explain the bits of this upcoming race.

Well, two weeks left before it starts. Make sure to stay tune for my next update on this event of the year.









No comments:

Post a Comment